The analysis of the technology consultation, has concluded on the lack to non-existence of advance machinery to implement the STEM or STEAM hands-on continued education and also in the work force on a small town such as Rincón. Making very difficult for current to future generation to pursue a scientific STEAM education movement to improve the community infrastructure and business growth. The community residents watch the advance machinery and workshops by videos in YouTube but don't know how to access this centers outside of the universities.
The analysis made possible for professionals and scientist identified that the towns is stuck in development because of inn-access to high tech machinery and laboratory services for them to make there skills improve and deliver better service to the community. With this problem identified, we contacted the Fab Labs Network in Boston, Massachusetts; who are guiding us on how to create the first Community Laboratory in the Island of Puerto Rico, by our mentor Fab Lab Tulsa, Ok.
Our Rincón Fab Lab Maker team has divided this project in 3 Phases:
Phase 1 - Designing
- Register NFP organization on government agencies, Writing Business Plan
- Change.org Petition to Request Modification of Building Leasing Contract with Puerto Rico Government
- Prepare data for 3 to 4 Proposal funding clients. The proposal writers teams will be assigned to create the following topics:
- Construction Proposal
- Inventory of Equipment and Furniture Proposal
- Operational Proposal
- Submit Proposals to Government Grants and Private Companies Funding
Phase 2 - Construction
- Remodel and Decoration of Building
- Purchase, Install and Test Services plus Equipment
- Hire and Train Staff
Phase 3 - Operational
- Inauguration Event
- Open for Service for the Community, Education and Business
If you as a individual or business/company representative are interest on sponsoring any of the phases of the project, please review our Phase Partitions page and contact our executive board for a meeting.
The Following Virtual Reality Video displays the basic machinery this community center will obtain and how the community will interact with each equipment.